The Membership committee is responsible for room setup, member sign-in, dissemination of badges, welcoming guests, and keeping current with member contact information, etc. Once a guest has attended two meetings, he or she is eligible to join the Friends and Volunteers of the Ocean City Free Public Library.
Interested in joining? Click the link: Contact Us
For more information about the Membership Committee responsibilities see below.
The Membership Committee responsibilities fall into two categories; meetings and clerical work.
Monthly meeting responsibilities are:
- to happily greet and welcome all members and prospective members at the entrance of the room.
- to arrive at least a half hour before the meeting for set up and stay fifteen minutes afterward to return everything to the storage area
- to set up a table and five chairs for the officers
- to place the gavel and nametags on the table for the F&V board members
- to set up an entrance table for newly printed and updated sign-in sheets for members and guests. Noting how many times prospective members have attended and updating the F&V membership list, phone numbers, addresses and email addresses accordingly
- to set out nametags
- to take a head count and verify number with signatures on the sign-in sheets
- to announce how many members are in attendance on the day, a total of how many members are in the organization, and how many guests are present
- to introduce the newest members and guests
- to remind members to return their nametags at the end of the meeting. Nametags are then placed in the box and returned to the storage area
Clerical responsibilities are:
- to prepare a monthly report to be sent to the president after the general meeting with information on numbers of those attending and names of new guests and those returning for a second or third time
- to prepare new member folders with all pertinent information for those attending for a third time
- to have duplicated copies of member information
- to make new badges for new members
- to alert the secretary of any new member information
- to make all necessary changes to the Activity Spreadsheet and update information on the computer
- to email appropriate committee chairpersons of new members interested in their committee
- to be prepared to make copies
- to be prepared to make copies of documents for those who do not have an email address
The time involved for the preparation before, during and after the general meeting lasts about 2 hours. Monthly clerical duties last about an hour.